POTTERY DAY CLASSES
POTTERY DAY CLASSES
Due to the pandemic, I have temporarily suspended pottery classes until further notice. It is not possible to conduct classes in my studio in a safe manner. I will post a notice once pottery classes are open again. Thank you for your understanding and interest.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to throw and glaze pottery, here’s an affordable opportunity to do that. I now offer pottery day classes at my home garage studio in Portland, Texas.
I have a bachelor of fine arts degree from Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi and have operated a handmade pottery business from my home ceramics studio since 2013. I have exhibited widely at various art fairs throughout Texas and weekly at local farmers’ markets. I have sold well over 3,500 pieces of pottery.
• Classes may include 1-6 people, ages 18 and over.
• Classes are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and include instruction and experience in wheel throwing and slab building of the clay.
• Each participant will produce at least 3 stoneware pieces. I will glaze and fire your pieces later in the kiln, and you can return to pick up your finished pieces.
• You may also glaze a small Raku clay vase, which has made in advance. This is a different firing process than stoneware and can be finished on the same day if you wish to stay a little later. I will then fire the piece in the Raku kiln while you watch. This is a very fast and hot firing, and you can take the finished Raku piece home the same day.
• There are 2 throwing wheels in the studio. Participants will share these wheels for throwing clay.
• Clay and all necessary materials are provided.
• The studio is air conditioned or heated as needed, and restroom facilities are available.
• Cost of the day class is $60 per person.
• The class must be scheduled at least one month in advance.
Please contact me for more information and to schedule a class. Options to contact:
• Email: email@example.com
• Message me on my Facebook business page: Nathaneal Huffman Pottery
• Phone: 361-813-9478 (call or text)